Dear Parents / Carers
As parents will be aware, this last year has again seen the academy achieve its best ever results and recent league tables place the academy in the top 25% of schools in the county. We are also now ranked 3rd in all the Moorlands schools. Our newly formed 6th Form provision is ranked 4th in all of Staffordshire and Stoke.
The academy was inspected by Ofsted on the 14th and 15th of May 2019 and I am delighted to report that the Ofsted team rated the academy GOOD in every aspect.
The inspectors noted
· “The headteacher and senior staff are relentless in their determination to make this school a beacon of excellence in the local community and provide the very best education for its pupils.”
· “Pupils are proud of their school and are courteous and show respect for each other and for visitors”
· “The school is extremely pupil-centred. Pupils lie at the heart of everything and they are extremely well cared for and supported.”
· “There is an exceptional culture of safeguarding in the school”
· “Leaders have created a fully inclusive school, where pupils feel valued, supported and nurtured”
· “The behaviour of pupils is good”
· “Pupils are proud of their school and speak highly of it, wearing their uniform with pride”.
· “The school is a calm, orderly environment. Pupils are polite and courteous.”
· “Teaching is good”
· “Students’ outcomes are good”
These are just a few excerpts from the report and a full copy is enclosed for your information. I am really proud of our school and I am delighted that the Ofsted team saw what we see every day. We have a dedicated team of staff who strive to ensure all our students are the best they can be and our students are a credit to our academy. We will continue to embed all the fantastic work we have implemented over the last few years on our continued journey to becoming an Outstanding School.
A copy of our report can be found below. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.Yours sincerely
Mr Neil Jamieson Principal