Year 7 Catch-up Premium
2017-2018 Year 7 Catch Up Premium
A bursary is allocated for each pupil not achieving a KS2 of 100 in reading and/or mathematics. The Cheadle Academy received £3,946 of Year 7 Catch funding for the academic year 2017-2018.
- - Lunchtime spelling, Reading Challenge, SPAG and handwriting clubs
- - Small group English intervention focusing on reading and inference skills
- - Small group Maths intervention focusing on either arithmetic skills or reasoning
- - Increased curriculum provision in Maths and English
Impact in English
In Year 7, 100% of pupils with low prior attainment in English who entered the intervention programme made expected progress (15 pupils) and 14% made better than expected progress (2 pupils)
Impact in Maths
In Year 7, 47% of pupils with low prior attainment in Maths who entered the intervention programme made expected progress (7 pupils) and 7% made better than expected progress (1 pupil).
2018-2019 Year 7 Catch up Premium
The bursary allocated to The Cheadle Academy for the academic year 2018-2019 is £5664 and will be deployed to support 16 students in English and 16 students in Maths and will implement the initiatives listed below:
- - Lunchtime spelling, Reading Challenge, SPaG and handwriting clubs
- - Small group literacy intervention, focusing on reading and inference skills, including the training of sixth form students to support in subjects with high literacy demands across the curriculum. This will enable students to transfer their learning to a wide range of situations and embed skills more securely.
- - Small group maths intervention focused on basic maths skills including reasoning and arithmetic
- - Ongoing intervention in Maths with support from a member of staff with small group withdrawal from lessons.
- - Use of online resources to support continued practice of basic maths skills
- - Purchase of resources for Maths and English to use as homework under the guidance and monitoring of the class teacher